xsl-list

Re: aborting element creation

2005-02-11 06:49:00
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:22:44 -0800 (PST), David Carlisle
<davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

It may look bizarre now, but the world didn't turn out quite as people
thought, evidence the number of times people are told on this list and
elsewhere that it is often better to run the transformations on the
server rather than on the client. Which is probably true but was exactly
the thing which XML was developed to avoid.

We're doing exactly the opposite, we have a tree menu kind of menu
running on all our web applications that was being designed on the
server and we are changing that so the processing be made on the
client, so there is no need to server round trips each time a user
clicks on a menu.

And in general i have the idea that the "wave" is turning again to put
more power on the clients, at least on these kind of dinamical
content...