xsl-list

How to create document with different headers but same body (xslfo/xslt)

2005-02-07 05:56:54
I am going round and round in circles trying to create
a pdf document (using xslt and xslfo) that has a
different header on the first page to the rest of the
document, but the SAME body.

Basically my body content is solely a list of items
displayed using a xsl:for-each loop.  This list is an
unknown length and needs to flow over to the next page
and the next etc.

The first page of the document has a large header and
footer to display.  But for the rest of the pages I
only need to display a small header section.  The body
for all the pages is however the same.

Does anybody know how to do this?  I have tried all
sorts with multiple page-sequences and a
page-sequence-master but cannot get it to use the same
body.  I cannot have the for loop start again on the
second page, it must continue from the first page.
Also, the size of the items displayed is not limited
to a single line and therefore it is unknown as to how
many items will fit on a page.

I've also tried using an xsl:if statement but don't
know how to get the page number.  I was thinking if I
could get the page number then I could just use an if
statement to determine which header code to display.

Please help!