xsl-list

RE: Decimal precision

2005-02-04 07:08:48
Michael,

Thank you very much for your explanation.

I hope I'm not being a pain, but I'm still not getting this right.

I've tried your answer for doing it "by hand" and here is what Saxon gives
me:

Warning: at xsl:value-of on line 13 of
file:/C:/xml/UHCML/find-differing-claims.xsl:
  Required item type of second operand of '/' is node(); supplied value has
item type
  xs:decimal. The expression can succeed only if the supplied value is an
empty sequence.

Here is line 13 from my stylesheet :

<xsl:value-of
select="sum(claim/claim_line/reimbursement_amount/xs:decimal(.))" />

Am I missing something here or is this just not possible without Schemas?

Thanks again for your tremendous assistance.

--Jim Neff

You either need to validate against a schema, or you need to
convert to a decimal "by hand":

sum(claim/claim_line/reimbursement_amount/xs:decimal(.))

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/