xsl-list

RE: Matching text nodes with only whitespaces

2005-02-03 08:45:52

I need to write a template matching text nodes, which just
consit of multiple whitespaces (tabs in most cases). I cant't
use normalize-space since I need leading and tailing
whitespaces in some cases. I suppose matches() would help me
here, but I actually don't know how to formulate the regular
expression for that. Can you help me here? Thanks!

How about:

<xsl:template match="text()[not(normalize-space(.))]">
</xsl..

I'm not sure I understand why you can't use normalize-space()?

cheers
andrew