xsl-list

filtering elements using identity transform

2005-03-31 01:13:14

Hi,
         You were right. There was an xmlns in my xhtml input and Iam
surprised nobody saw it because it was there in the xhtml snippet I posted
yesterday.

Anyways, like I said earlier, Iam embedding my xml inside the html as I
have a need to go back and forth between the xml and html format to which I
am transforming the xml.  So, I thought I'd write an inverse transform that
will just give me back my xml. But does this mean that the input xhtml
should not be bound to any namespace. I have found that the   "xmlns:" in
my slideshow element is what's causing the html to appear in my result.

My xhtml snippet looks like
  <head>

  </head>
          <slideshow author="Yours Truly" title="Sample Slide Show" date
="Date of publication"  xmlns="urn:hl7-org/v3">

And my stylesheet

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" />

    <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
     <xsl:copy>
     </xsl:copy>
   </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="table">
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="html">
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:template>
etc

How do I make this work without having to  remove the namespace declaration
in my original xml.

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent
for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to
you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in