xsl-list

Re: Fwd: Re: XSLT in JDK1.5 from the command line

2005-03-28 09:29:43
Wendell Piez writes:
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 05:44:14 -0800 (PST)
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT in JDK1.5 from the command line
To: wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

Hi Wendell,
  I installed J2SE 1.5 and did some fact finding about
"using XSLT from command line in JDK1.5". I
uninstalled J2SE 1.4 completely before trying J2SE
1.5.

Here are my findings..
----------------------
This is a bug!

Its listed at Sun's site:

As written at the URL you provided, old package names
(org.apache.xalan.xslt etc) are *now not shipped* with
JDK1.5 . As stated at the URL, its done because newer
versions of Xalan are continuously coming, so users
should be able to install the new builds with ease.

Has anything actually been released since Xalan 2.6.0?

Earlier this was possible with endorsed standard
mechanism. But since that was inconvenient, now with
JDK1.5 the package names are being changed (to
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xslt , instead of
org.apache.xalan.xslt) . So if we need to run latest
Xalan from command line, we need to download Xalan-J
from Apache's site and put xalan.jar in CLASSPATH.

--
Kevin Rodgers