xsl-list

Re: XSLT in JDK1.5 from the command line

2005-03-24 12:56:41
Rob,

Thanks for the thoughts.

At 02:38 PM 3/24/2005, you wrote:
Do you have a xalan.jar in your $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed dir?

Interestingly, this Java installation (a clean installation of JDK1.5) doesn't have an endorsed directory under jre/lib at all.

Which I suppose is likely to be related to the problem.

I would use the latest xalan (not rely on the one bundled in the JDK). Perhaps you have a xalan jar in your 1.4.2 and you have been using that??

Not on this system (the 1.4.2 was ripped out). I'm doing fine on JDK 1.4 elsewhere, without any classpath TMK (leaving aside mysteries of the registry).

I may end up using a latest Xalan or a Saxon, but am trying to see how little distribution overhead I can manage. The processes I need to support will run fine even on an older Xalan (though not a very old one; there are a couple of bug fixes I do need), so convenience of distribution is a luxury I can afford -- if by requiring a JDK1.5 I can avoid distributing a .jar at all, that's even thinkable in this situation. (Bizarre though that may sound.)

But I guess the JDK1.5 architecture simply doesn't allow me to do this.

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez