xsl-list

RE: XSL DOCTYPE

2005-03-08 14:45:17
No, the DOCTYPE is not present in the data model passed as input to the
transformation.

I think I would tackle this requirement by writing a pre-filter that wraps
the DOCTYPE declaration up ina structured XML representation, and a
post-filter that does the reverse. Since this is a common requirement, it
would be nice to see someone package this up as an off-the-peg component.

Saxon has an extension saxon:doctype which enables you to generate a DOCTYPE
(that is, a DTD internal subset) in the serialized output, but it doesn't
offer anything on the input side.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: c p [mailto:bugs75il(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: 08 March 2005 18:21
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XSL DOCTYPE

Hello all,

I am doing a XML-to-XML transformation using XSL.  In
the newly formed (target) xml, I would like to carry
over any Doctype/entity declarations that existed in
the old (source) xml.  Additionally in the newly
formed (target) xml, I would like to add some
additional entities.

Is there a way to do this?  Is it even possible?

Thanks,

--~--