xsl-list

Re: Bash scritp

2005-03-08 08:34:33
This is a bit (a lot) off topic for this list, but I'll humor you since
I like Linux :)

I'll give this a shot, but please know that I haven't done anything in
Linux and Bash in quite a while, so take this with a grain of salt ;-)

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but if all you want to do
is "read" the XML document, I think(?) you could pipe the XML file to
your bash script, and have the bash script read it line by line from
standard input (STDIN).  I can't remember how to set up the read loop in
bash, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.  I think you could
probably find all you need by doing

    man bash

at a command prompt.

HTH.

Hardy Merrill

kevin(_dot_)rodgers(_at_)ihs(_dot_)com 03/08/05 10:25 AM >>>