xsl-list

RE: A sequence of more than one item is not allowed as the [nth] argument of [function]

2005-03-04 17:02:37
Why can't I pass a sequence to concat() or string()?  Shouldn't it be
implicitly converted to the concatentation of its items?
Evidently not,
so if I've got a sequence, what do I need to do to convert it to a
string?

With XSLT 1.0, and with a 2.0 processor in 1.0 mode, when you pass a
sequence to concat() or string() it will use the first item in the sequence
and ignore the rest.

With XSLT 2.0 "we" decided that was a bad idea, so it's now an error.

The way to concatenate all the strings in a sequence into a single string is
the new string-join() function.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/