xsl-list

Multiple xml-stylesheet processing instructions

2005-03-04 03:48:25
Not so very long ago, someone asked a question, either on this list,
or on the Saxon list (I don't remember, and I can't find the posting
concerned), about the meaning of multiple aml-stylesheet PIs in an xml
document.

Michael Kay replied to the effect that he interprets it (and
implements it so in Saxon) as a bunch of xsl:imports to be made into a
wrapper stylesheet.

Michael, could you please explain your reasoning for adopting this
interpretation as against another possible interpretation, namely that
each stylesheet should be applied as a separate, chained,
transformation?

I have gone over-and-over http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/ and
HTML 4.0 (to which it refers), and I cannot see anything decisive in
favour of wither strategy.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire