xsl-list

RE: Namespaces in XMLSpy

2005-03-04 02:14:58
Sorry the reply was so brief, it was late at night, and I thought the
information might be enough.

Let's write expanded names in the form {namespace}local.

In the document

<A xmlns="yyyy">
  <B>
    <C/>
  </B>
</A>

you have three elements whose expanded names are {yyyy}A, {yyyy}B, and
{yyyy}C.

In XSLT 1.0, to match an element {yyyy}A, you need to bind a namespace
prefix to yyyy and use that prefix in the match pattern or XPath expression
step. For example

<xsl:template match="y:A" xmlns:y="yyyy">
  <xsl:value-of select="y:B/y:C"/>
</xsl:template>

In XSLT 2.0, you can set xpath-default-namespace="yyyy" instead.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/