xsl-list

Re: most efficient way to check for a group of tags?

2005-03-02 15:42:54

--- Wendell Piez <wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

At 03:37 PM 3/2/2005, you wrote:
I've got a template that needs to know the if it
contains only 1 of a specific group of tags when
it's
within a "content" tag, and I've got this condition
do this:

count(ancestor::content[1]/child::*[self:tag1 or
self:tag2 or self:tag3 ....]) = 1

Now I need to check for about 15 different tags; is
there a more efficient way to do this sort of
check?

I have my doubts about its being more efficient
(from several points of
view it is likely to be less so), but a more
explicit XSLT approach might
at least *read* a bit more accessibly (whatever a
processor does with it) --

<xsl:variable name="tags-count">
   <xsl:for-each select="ancestor::content[1]">
     <xsl:value-of
select="count(tag1|tag2|tag3|etc)"/>
   </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>

Except that "count(tag1|tag2|...)" doesn't work (from
experience).