xsl-list

Best approach

2005-04-21 11:24:48
Hi

Im sure theres a fairly straight-forward and obvious approach available. So Id like some suggestions.

I have written loads of .xsl files for transforming some .xml files. The result is a set of 2 separate .xml files (output from 2 separate .xsl files) on which Id like to carry out some comparisons.

Graphically for example the process is such:

Step 1 :   Model1.xml -->  Transf1.xsl --> Result1.xml

Step 2:    Model2.xml -->  Transf2.xsl --> Result2.xml

My main problem isnt how to compare Result1 and Result2 but how to start writing them. In which kind of file?

- Can I import these two files into one .xsl and work upon them? or - Should I and can I write some <?xml-stylesheet href='Compare.xsl'.....?> in Result1.xml when generating it from Transf1.xsl ? Then only import Result2.xml in Compare.xsl ?

Could someone please advise me on the best approach. I need a solution that can be as piped as possible as all this will ultimately form part of one button on the GUI.

Thanks
Rahil