xsl-list

Re: Measuring the complexity of XSLT stylesheets

2005-04-19 12:17:50
I would suggest that this won't give you any meaningful results. The complexity of an XSLT transformation is driven by the structural/formatting differences between the input and the output formats. It is not directly related to the complexity of the schemata for the input/output formats.

The complexity of an XSLT transformation is also driven by the number of ID/IDREF "joins" that are required. So XTM scores badly on that ground, as does XBRL for a similar reason (it uses XLink to impose all structure). However, that doesn't tell you about complexity, it rather tells you about which vocabularies are nearer to XSLT's "sweet spot", and which are not.

        Cheers,
                Tony.