xsl-list

Re: mixing it up: REST+XML Namespaces + XLST

2005-04-19 03:54:32
David Carlisle wrote:

which is why my question....does anyone use a namespace URI for anything
other then identification

the XSD schema spec for example (unfortunately) suggests putting an XSD
schema there, and most schema validators will try that: If validating a
file and the come across a namespace for which they have no other
information, they'll dereference teh namespace uri and hope to find a
schema document lurking.

I have tried this in the medium distant past and found it awkward, but
this is because I didnt have access to XML schema validation directly
within XSLT... now all I do is

xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.example.org/apps/tables/user#schema";

which once again can easily be inferred from XML namespace by
concatanating fn:namespace-uri() and '#schema'

- Jim