xsl-list

RE: RE: RE: GMT to BST converter

2005-04-15 11:15:35
All the references I've found on the web (including the BBC) say that it (BST)
begins and ends at 0100 hours. In the U.S. the time is 0200 so the issue of "Is
it today or yesterday?" doesn't come up.
--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>
Sent:     Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:39:03 +0100
To:       <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Subject:  RE: RE: [xsl] GMT to BST converter

When the clock is turned back at the end of Summer Time, does
the time then become 00:00:01 of the same day or is it set
back to midnight of the previous day?

I believe that British Summer Time always ends at 3 am, and the clock is set
back to 2 am.

(I heard a little story once, if Tommie will allow me to tell it, of someone
who was up late one Saturday night coding. At 3 am he got a Windows pop-up
"do you want to put the clock back?". Clicks OK, keeps working. An hour
later, at 3 am, another Windows pop-up, "do you want to put the clock
back?".... Don't these guys test anything?)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--