xsl-list

RE: GMT to BST converter

2005-04-15 07:56:11
I was visualising an XSLT template that accepts parameter(s), ie the date/time, and returns the same date/time adjusted if appropriate for BST. I'm figuring this is possible but incredibly convoluted. I was asking this community for help to save me the the hassle of writing it!

We're trying to avoid extension functions where possible as our stylesheets need to be portable. If it must be tied to a processor it should be LibXSLT. I'm presuming LibXSLT's inbuilt extension functions are not extensive enough to offer this....

I'm praying surely someone somewhere has written something that only requires an XSLT processor .....?

Thanks

Tom

From: "Michael Kay" <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Subject: RE: [xsl] GMT to BST converter
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:04:38 +0100

Before you can convert the date/time you have to parse it. EXSLT has a
date:parse-date() function but it's not widely implemented. I think I would
escape out to an extension function for this one.

XSLT 2.0, for once, doesn't help you here, at least not directly.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--