xsl-list

Total number of pages with XSL-FO

2005-04-13 11:51:25
Hi All,

I have a XSL-FO stylesheet on my hand that is giving me a problem.  On the
first page of a PDF document, the stylesheet displays "Page 1 of xx" in the
top right hand corner (where xx is the total number of pages in the
document).  The stylesheet declaration looks like this:

Page <fo:page-number/> of <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="last-page"/>

where last page is the id for a block located at the bottom of the final
page of the document (the last page has its own master page, as does the
first page and the pages inbetween).

This works fine and dandy on documents greater than one page, but for one
page documents, I get:

Page 1 of 0.

Is there anyway to get a total page count?  If not, is there anyway to test
what fo:page-number-citation returns (does it "return" anything?) and
format the output based on that?

TIA

Nadia