xsl-list

RE: Identity Transform xml for variable

2005-04-01 13:56:06
However, not too useful if I am back to xxxx:node-set() on my
variable.
Is this going to be the case?  Is this always going to be the case if
you don't use the select argument off of the variable decleration?

'fraid so. The sad fact is, XSLT 1.0 doesn't allow you to create a pipeline
of transformations within a single stylesheet unless you use this extension.

Actually, Saxon 6.5.3 and one or two other processors implement the aborted
XSLT 1.1 spec which made xx:node-set() unnecessary. But your solution still
won't be portable. The closest you'll get to a portable 1.0-based solution
is exslt:node-set().

Michael Kay