xsl-list

Re: Wellknown facts about browser support of XSLT (Was: Re: [xsl] xsl:variable with hex color values)

2005-05-22 16:29:54
And let me thank you for maintaining this wonderful mailing list, Tommie!

Dimitre.

On 5/23/05, Mulberry Technologies List Owner
<xsl-list-owner(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion; I will give it due consideration.

-- Tommie

 > Actually, there is no FAQ for the XSL-List. The background information
 on XSL-List includes information about the list itself and pointers
 to several other information sources, including Dave Pawson's XSL FAQ.

I referred to the guidelines for XSL-List (published monthly) as the
XSL-List FAQ.

Dave Pawson's XSL FAQ is an excellent and impressive resource and
probably already icludes this information.

It may be still useful if the  XSL-List guidelines include a mini-FAQ
of the most frequently asked 3, 5 or 10 questions by people, who do
not know that Dave's XSL FAQ exists.

In this way they will automatically receive this information upon
signup -- will have the answers even before they ask.

Cheers,

 At 6:09 AM +1000 5/23/05, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
 >Maybe to avoid such long threads in the future and ultimately save
 >time for everybody, the FAQ for the xsl-list should include the fact
 >that at present IE 6 uses MSXML 3, Firefox/Netscape uses TransforMiiX,
 >which even does not have support for the xxx:node-set() extension
 >function. Safari supports XSLT 1.0 via libxslt.

 Actually, there is no FAQ for the XSL-List. The background information
 on XSL-List includes information about the list itself and pointers
 to several other information sources, including Dave Pawson's XSL FAQ.

 If you would like to build, publish, and maintain a FAQ about the
 support for XSL in various products I will be happy to add a pointer
 to your FAQ.

 -- Tommie
 B. Tommie Usdin
mailto:btusdin(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
 --~--

--~--