xsl-list

RE: numbering/count()

2005-05-20 12:37:05

Wendell explained that in the message that you quoted.

  <xsl:function name="bib:footcite" as="xs:string">
    <xsl:param name="footciteable" as="element()"/>
    <xsl:number level="any" select="$footciteable"/>
  </xsl:function>

he said

  In a function, I believe this means passing in your context
node as a
  parameter and changing context to it explicitly before
invoking xsl:number.

I haven't been following this thread all that closely but the select
attribute of xsl:number means it's no longer constrained to work on the
context node.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/