xsl-list

Re: Junit-type Framework for XSLT 2 Functions and Templates?

2005-05-20 04:26:22

I don't understand why everybody seems to react to the word "infinite"
in this way.

probably because I came into the conversation late and hadn't realized you
wanted to generate N of a potentially infinite set.

Infinite or not, it doesn't matter -- the tool must generate the first
N instances (possibly satisfying some additional, user-defined set of
conditions).
obviously if not Infinite and less than N then tool just generates complete set,
returns info that complete set has been generated.

In order for "the first N" to be meaningful, we must refer to some
ordering on the set of instances -- a suitable ordering criteria might
be length (number of nodes) of the instance.

that seems like a suitable ordering, what could others be.

how about namespace usage, that is to say do not start generating instances with
namespace Y until all possible instances comprised only of Namespace X without Y
is satisfied. Obviously if Y is mandatory then this ordering is achieved at
beginning.

Points to possible multiple orderings.