xsl-list

Re: Junit-type Framework for XSLT 2 Functions and Templates?

2005-05-17 10:05:46
On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 06:39 +1000, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

  Do we have a tool that given a schema generates a sequence of
instances, which (in its infinite entirety) covers all instances
defined by the schema and is ordered from simple to more complex (e.g.
by the length of the produced xml document)?

I have asked this question at least twice on separate occasions and
the answer seems to be negative.

There *should* be.
msv + http://www.sun.com/software/xml/developers/instancegenerator/

but I couldn't get it to work.

Instead, as a poor mans alternative.

1. From whatever source, use trang to go into rng.
2. I have a stylesheet which then seeks all unique elements
 (and attributes), and can generate an xml file.
It doesn't do the 'all instances' (which instance generator is supposed
to do), but it may provide a start Dimitre.

--
Regards,

Dave Pawson
XSLT + Docbook FAQ