xsl-list

RE: select a node: child of an ancestor

2005-05-19 21:58:41
You probably know of all 13 xpath axes, but I've found this helpful (if sometimes bizzare):

http://nwalsh.com/docs/tutorials/xsl/xsl/foil22.html

Regards,

--A

PS: cool "thumbs up icon" on your blogging site; it appears in FireFox tabs (but not in the address bar). I've meant to read up how how to make a site-specific icon appear at either place.

From: Anthony <apwebdesign(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>

figured out a better way. I would've liked to just set
a global var, but that wasn't possible without any
context. And passing a local var to all my templates
proved undoable, since there can be other standard xml
tags nested inside some of the elements. I would've
had to retrofit all those templates to pass the
parameters along. The thing that works best for me is
the "ancestor::relative/path/to/node".