xsl-list

Re: XSLT 2.0 Is Way Cool

2005-05-16 10:59:48
Colin Paul Adams wrote:
"Eliot" == Eliot Kimber <ekimber(_at_)innodata-isogen(_dot_)com> writes:

    Eliot> Note I said "style", by which I really just meant "you can
    Eliot> encapsulate the business logic into callable functions
    Eliot> rather than named templates which means that you can create
    Eliot> function sets that,

So by "style", you meant fa functional programming style?
:-)

Anyway, that is certainly cool.

Well I learned all my modern computer science concepts "on the street" so I can't claim I'm using the lingo the kids use 100% correctly, but I really just meant that you can put more business logic behind functions you can call from expressions... That, coupled with organizing those functions as you would organize objects with methods makes it more "object oriented ish" than just having a bunch of functions. So it's not just using functions but how those functions are organized into modules.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber