xsl-list

Re: XSLT 2.0 Is Way Cool

2005-05-16 10:23:29
Colin Paul Adams wrote:
"David" == David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:

    David> I know a challenge when I see one:-)

Well, I saw another one in Eliot's posting:

"In addition, the ability to
create XSLT functions makes it easier to have a more object-oriented
style of code"

OO style in a pure functional language? To me, that sounds like a challenge.

Note I said "style", by which I really just meant "you can encapsulate the business logic into callable functions rather than named templates which means that you can create function sets that, in an object-oriented language would be methods on a class and that that function set can, more or less, represent the methods for operating on some business object."

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber