xsl-list

RE: compare two unicode variables

2005-05-12 00:41:28

<!-- define the parameter -->
<xsl:param name="Kentry" />
<xsl:copy>
 <xsl:for-each
select="/reportname/Entry[substring(ENTRY_FORM,1,$wordLength) =

Parameter "Kentry" could be "&#x00E1;"(unicode) and I do have
a equal ENTRY_FORM
"&#x00E1;"in my xml file.

I suspect that the value of $Kentry is a string of 8 characters (ampersand,
hash, x, 0, 0, E, 1, semicolon) and the value of ENTRY_FORM starts with the
single character whose Unicode code is xE1.

Numeric character references appearing in XML source files get converted to
the relevant Unicode character by an XML parser. This parameter string
hasn't been put through an XML parser.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/