xsl-list

XSL - Transforming 2 XSL stylesheets from 1 XML file

2005-05-05 03:23:00
I need to produce 2 different HTML transformations from one single XML file, using XSLT, lets call them "index1.htm" & "index2.htm". One being for a desktop and the other for a mobile device.

I have 2 different XSL stylesheets to do this. But, I can only assign one XSL stylesheet to the single XML file. Sure I can duplicate the single XML file, rename it and assign the 2nd stylesheet and create my 2nd HTML transformation.

However, I need to produce a true "Single Source Publishing Solution". I need to somehow eliminate this process of duplicating the single XML file and assigning the 2nd XSL stylesheet to get my 2nd HTML Transformation. I need to be able to modify the content of the single XML file, and transform 2 different XSL stylesheets to HTML from that single XML file.

Does anybody have any ideas as to how I could approach this?

Thanks, Craig.