xsl-list

Re: [ANN] Saxon 6.5.4

2005-06-27 13:25:03
Saxon has better-than-average documentation, too. As a fellow who has
become both writer and programmer, I appreciate good documentation.

Also, the one time I reported a bug on Saxon, Mike fixed it the next day
and got the fix into the next release a week later. By comparison, when
I've reported bugs on FrameMaker and Word, I've never even gotten an
acknowledgement that I'd sent in a bug report, let alone a response from a
developer. And a next-day fix is utterly unheard of in the universe of the
giant tool companies.

That's why, for XSLT, the first tool I reach for is Saxon.

Thanks, Mike!

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
06/27/2005 02:08 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon 6.5.4

(IMHO) Saxon's performance far excells that of
competing XSLT processors in the market place ..

Sometimes performance alone isn't the best feature of a product.

I do prefer Saxon 6.5.x over competing XSLT 1.0 processors for its
very up-to-the-point and clear error messages, which save a lot of
development time.

The Saxon XSLT processor family are also the champions of responsible
maintenance and very low number of bugs.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev