xsl-list

Re: DFDL - Data Format Description Language?

2005-06-27 13:56:43
At 1:26 PM -0500 6/27/05, JBryant(_at_)s-s-t(_dot_)com wrote:
Try http://forge.gridforum.org/projects/dfdl-wg/

Thank you, that reallly helps.

Mulberry is offering a tutorial on it at the 2005
Extreme Markup Languages
conference.

I don't know anything about Extreme Markup. What's it
like? Who goes to it?

It's basically a way to try to deal with legacy
(non-XML) data in such a
way that XML-based systems can make sense of it. To
do that, separate
files in the DFDL format describe the legacy content.
Put differently,
it's a way to add metadata about legacy data that
XML-based systems can
use to interact with the legacy data. If you have a
mix of XML and non-XML
data, it makes sense, yes.

Again, thank you. This may be just what I'm looking
for. Is it widely supported?

And can you say Daffodil? :D

OH. I didn't think of that.  Of course.

Thank you again.