xsl-list

RE: writing a plugin to access xsl files

2005-06-27 09:53:19
The usual approach is to set the output destination using the JAXP API, by
defining a StreamResult associated with a specific file. In XSLT 2.0 you can
also define an output destination using the href attribute of
xsl:result-document.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahil Qamar [mailto:qamar_rahil(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: 27 June 2005 17:44
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] writing a plugin to access xsl files

Thanks a lot. That seems like enough information to
start of with.

Is it possible to answer my second query as well
please viz.

(2) Also how can I pre-assign the file name to which
the output should be written to instead of the usual
<xsl:output method="html"/> or <xsl:output
method="xml"/> , say I want the output to be written
to output.html ?

I dont want any specific file name which will need
encoding within the code. A pre-assigned file name at
the start of the file will do.

Thanks
Rahil

--- Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:

You need to read up on the JAXP transformation
interfaces: see
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory in your JDK
javadoc documentation.
Specific details for invoking Saxon are at

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/using-xsl/embedding.html

If you prefer to learn from examples, see the
TraxExamples.java program in
the samples/java directory.

Information about the JAR files needed is at

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/index/installation.html

It's a good idea to put something like

<xsl:comment>XSLT Processor: <xsl:value-of

select="system-property('xsl:vendor')"/></xsl:comment>

just to make sure you really are running Saxon and
not some other XSLT
processor.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/