xsl-list

Whitespace problem, always returning identity

2005-06-22 08:43:40
Hi,

maybe a rookie problem again. I apply the following XSL to any XML document to omit all whitespaces from non-content data. But the result still has all the whitespaces as in the source.

<?xml version='1.0' ?>
  <xsl:output method="xml" indent="no"/>
  <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
  <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
    <xsl:copy>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Example XML (output is identical):
<myroot>
  <innernode/>
</myroot>

Expected Output:

Maybe I am missing something, and (to make it worse) I am sure it worked once before the way I wanted it to.

Thanks in advance,
Stefan