xsl-list

Re: XSL-FO - Running FOP on the server

2005-06-09 14:38:28
J.Pietschmann wrote:

craig webber wrote:

Is it possible to run FOP on the server?

Yes. Lots of people do this reguilarly. However:

I'm amending my XML document on the server using ASP,

                                                   ^^^
The simplest way to use FOP from ASP is to call Java as command
line application. This involves a significant startup overhead.
Furthernmore, if your browser is IEx, you'll have to buffer the
generated PDF in order to set the content-length header correctly,
which is yet another nuisance.

(If the rest of the app is wedded to ASP)
How about running a FOP-specific Java servlet, such as Tomcat and redirecting *.pdf requests from IIS?