xsl-list

Re: parameters in XSLT 2.0

2005-06-09 07:08:35

On Jun 9, 2005, at 9:49 AM, David Carlisle wrote:

Somewhere I need to configure the query,

yes but setting a variable isn't configuring anything and you can always
replace a variable reference by its value, so if you only use it in one
place it's not doing anything except perhaps make the stylesheet look a
bit more self-documenting (which isn't a negligible consideration)

Indeed. I need to allow users to change urls and a few other parameters (for authentication), so at least some of these needs to be easily accessible and clear.

But I get your point.

I suppose I could just use a function to build the query, so that I end
up with something like ...

        <xsl:variable name="bib:data" select="doc(bib:get_docs(.))"
as="element()+"/>

well as I said before you can't use element()+ as the type of a sequence
selected by doc() as you'll get a type error.
Either doc() will return the empty sequence, in which case you get an
error (as you have used + which means 1-or-more) or it will return a
document node, in which cae you will get an error as you have used
element() (which means an element node)

So as="document-node()"?  Or just let the processor figure that out?

Bruce