xsl-list

RE: Creating namespace nodes

2005-06-07 05:39:41

argument is a qname?

tomi

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 2:17 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Creating namespace nodes

we must strip away the namespace
prefix, as accomplished by the substring-after() function.

yes in xslt attribute values are just strings so you need to use
substring, although you have access to all in scope namespace so you can
do this in a namespace correct fasion, you don't ever need to assume any
fixed prefixes.

XSLT2 with a schema aware processor would know that these attributes
were types as qnames so then you woul dbe able to use local-name() and
similar functions rather than string handling functions to access the
local name and namespace URI.

David