xsl-list

Math: Removing X number of zeroes from number Y.

2005-06-06 07:29:45
Hi,

I have a fare element that is returned as, for example, 79000. The
decimal point value is specified in another element as for example 2.
Therefore the number should be: 790.00

There's a way to do this mathematically:

Where x=DecimalPoint, and y=fare, the forumla would be y/(10^x)

But as far as I know there's no exponential function in XSLT 1.0. I'm
using, or rather, _have_ to use MSXML, I can't go for FXSLT, etc.

It's worth mentioning that fare is of type 'double' and DecimalPoint
is of type 'short'

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this in plain XSL ?

Any help is appreciated,

Best Regards,

Ahsan

--