xsl-list

Re: Saxon for windows?

2005-06-03 16:05:32
On 6/4/05, Pieter Reint Siegers Kort
<pieter(_dot_)siegers(_at_)elnorte(_dot_)com> wrote:
More than inefficient, it would be dangerous to run an XSLT processor as
part of a *generally available* web service (I can only smile envisioning
the kinds of creative DOS attacks that would be possible).

Coming back to what you've said, I'm not envisioning a *generally available*
web service at all - that part about using web services was mixed in by a
few other participants. I already said that using ws will incorporate
unnecessary overhead, let alone start-up costs. So there's no way I would be
having DOS attacks.

Cheers,
Pieter

It's good you realised I never said *you* will have DOS attacks :o)

Cheers,
Dimitre