xsl-list

RE: Saxon for windows?

2005-06-03 08:18:56
Hi Kevin,

Windows does allow for command pipelining - the symbol "|" is used to chain
commands. Since my processes run in a command line process, I can chain
processes if needed. No need to save to a file. The only requirement is that
the program that runs supports input/output file redirection.

Cheers,
Pieter

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Rodgers [mailto:kevin(_dot_)rodgers(_at_)ihs(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 9:48 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Saxon for windows?

M. David Peterson writes:
- Capturing the commandline output, again, is really quite simple.
But what next?  The only way to chain together a transformation would
be a to first save the transformation to a file, run another
commandline transformaton with that saved file, and so on and so
forth.  Again, a performance bottleneck.
Any other questions?

Is there really no way to pipeline processes on Windows, like with a pipe on
Unix?

--
Kevin Rodgers