xsl-list

RE: Refering the processed nodes

2005-07-06 05:18:05
You can write a sequence of transformations in which each phase processes
the output of the previous phase. There are two ways of doing this:

(a) make each phase a separate stylesheet and a separate transformation
(often called a pipeline)

(b) do multiple phases within a single stylesheet. For this approach you
capture the results of one phase in a variable, and apply the next phase to
the value of that variable. In XSLT 1.0 this needs the xx:node-set()
extension which converts a result-tree-fragment to a node-set.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Lakshmi narayana [mailto:lchintala(_at_)osi-tech(_dot_)com]
Sent: 06 July 2005 13:23
To: XSL (E-mail)
Subject: [xsl] Refering the processed nodes

Hi

I have one scenario. Let me explain the scenario.
1) I have an xml file. I applied some templates in the xslt
file. At the
time of applying the templates,
    I added new attributes to the actual nodes.
2) Is it possible to do processing on the resultant nodes
after applying
templates. ie..Can we get the reference of the
    resultant nodes to do further modification.

Thanks,
Laxmi Narayana Babu
OSI Technologies.

--~--