xsl-list

Re: Nodes have the same level

2005-08-31 06:37:54
Sorry about the cut off message that happened earlier......long story
short something dropped on my keyboard and I'm not quite sure what
magic combination of keys it managed to hit.

As I was saying, wrap it in a root node

<root>
  <text:p>...</text:p>
  <text:p>...</text:p>
</root>

then you can have a template that has
<xsl:template match="text:p">

It's not even clear what the problem is since typically for-each would
also iterate over a node set of items all at the same level.

Also, if part of the problem is you want to get the name for an
element from an attribute in the input XSL, it's not too hard.  There
were just some questions in a similar vein asked a few days ago.  The
archives should have the info.

Unless of course this is all just another namespace issue.  (Ie you
tried the "for-each" but it's just not returning anything.)  Namespace
is  a common beginner's probelm, again see the archives and the FAQ.

Jon Gorman