xsl-list

Re: concat all items in a sequence

2005-08-31 06:23:42
On 8/31/05, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
Also, string-join(text, '') with the empty quotes feels like a bit of
an abuse of the function - why wasn't there a single argument version
for this purpose?

Perhaps because it's not obvious whether the default separator should be ""
or " " (a single space), so we make the user supply it explicitly.

Ahh of course - I've fallen for this before... I always think the two
arguments of string-join get joined, not that the second argument is a
separator.  Arg1 sequence, arg2 string (repeat several times to self).