xsl-list

Re: Lightweight XSLT based web framework

2005-08-26 06:13:34
On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 01:45:32PM +0200, Peter Gerstbach wrote:
2005/8/26, Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil(_dot_)Batsis(_at_)eurodyn(_dot_)com>:
Peter Gerstbach wrote:

I know (and like) cocoon very much, but I need a more simple and
smaller system. All I want to have is the possibility to transform XML
with XSLT, caching of the results and maybe a system that generates
the site-navigation.

That is not a simple system ;-)

Well, I think it is. You just have to parse the URI, find the
corresponding XML, and invoke a transformation. The result must be
cached somewhere (ok, this caching can be very complex). For the
navigation another transformation is needed, inserting some links that
are read from another central XML file.

I was generating my website using xsltproc for last couple of years
from a Website DocBook xml files and it is easy, indeed. You can write
a script which would upload resulting html to a server in a minute. No
need for any special programs.

Piotr

--
   Piotr Kopszak, Ph.D.
   Polish Art Gallery, National Museum in Warsaw