xsl-list

RE: Annoying XSLT code

2005-08-18 13:20:06
I agree that sometimes this can be overused and that tracking
variable
declarations across miles of files is no fun, but I also
agree with David
that it's a useful technique that can contribute to good
code. A balance
must be struck. Documenting your code (with comments if
necessary) can also
help the general problem of code opacity.

It also wouldn't do any harm to follow the convention which XQuery imposes
on you: global variables declared in one module should have a namespace
associated with that module.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/