xsl-list

RE: How to sort attribute?

2005-08-14 19:22:46
Hi Michael,

I implement a parser of one XML related spec. In it, it defines the  format
of output file clearly.

"... ... is canonical in the sense that within each child element of the
root, the attributes are sorted lexicographically, and then those elements
are sorted lexicographically with respect to the element names and attribute
values."

If xerces or xalan cannot do it, that will be a big trouble for me.

Thanks,
John

-----Original Message-----
From:
xsl-list-return-19570-johnli121=163(_dot_)com(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:xsl-list-return-19570-johnli121=163(_dot_)com(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]
 On
Behalf Of Michael Kay
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 5:14 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] How to sort attribute?

I cannot accept to transform attribute to element. What I want is sort
the attribute lexicographic.

It would be interesting to know *why* you want to do this.

Is it just for the comfort and convenience of the human reader (an
acceptable reason, though I fear you will be disappointed), or is it because
you are sending the XML to a software application that requires the
attributes to be in a particular order (an unacceptable reason)?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--