xsl-list

Re: How to transform a huge XML-file (memory-saving)?

2005-08-13 05:55:46
* news(_at_)swisslab(_dot_)de <news(_at_)swisslab(_dot_)de> [2005-08-09 09:49]:

i'm looking for a solution to handle the xslt-transformation of huge data
files.  If i try to process a 176 mb XML-file with saxon8, the
java enviroment uses a lot of main-memory - round about 1 gb.

This XML-file contains a always repeating block of a structure
like this:

    <OBJECT R='XMLEXPBE'>
      <AUFNR>0000463105</AUFNR>
      <AUFDAT>28.11.2000</AUFDAT>
      <FALNR>0200036273</FALNR>
      <MAT>EBLUT</MAT>
      <ANFO>BG</ANFO>
      <UNT>AB0</UNT>
      <ERG>A</ERG>
      <USER>JO</USER>
    </OBJECT>

Has anybody an idea, whether an more effective (less memory) way of
programming exists?

Andrej.

    I'm working on a release of a paged document object model that
    works with Saxon. It's called Momento, it's supposed to address
    this issue.

    I'm really struggling with packaging it for release, getting
    into a redistrubutable, command line format. If you're
    interested, maybe we can figure out a way to try out the
    document object model against your data.

    Anyone else, I'm looking for use cases, assitance toward an open
    source release. MIT, BSD, or Apache license, not sure which yet.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan(_at_)engrm(_dot_)com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html