xsl-list

Re: User defined SAX ContentHandler

2005-08-11 02:42:56
* Aron Bock <aronbock(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> [2005-08-10 08:43]:

I don't see this as unfeasible, at this point.  And its usefulness
is not in question, either.  However, if you could fit this in as
a [conceptual] layer above SAX, you could probably come up with
some sort of a mapping layer between SAX events, or a sequence of
SAX events, and a call to a business method.  That mapping layer
could itself be an XML description, and given that, the whole mess
could probably be compiled to some form so performance isn't
terrible.

    If they mapping is defined in XML, you can transform it into
    stub classes using XSLT, so everyone gripeing about reflection
    can stop. There's also options such as ASM.

    I'm doing something similar, using SAX to drive the construction
    and configuration of Java objects.

    You should ask about this on XML-DEV.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan(_at_)engrm(_dot_)com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html