xsl-list

RE: Change variable value

2005-08-02 15:37:33
I'm always reminded when I see this question of the programmers in the
mid-1970s who had trouble working out how to write code without using a GOTO
instruction: the youngsters had never used a GOTO, so they could never see
the problem.

Show us the problem, and someone will tell you the right way to solve it.
You're trying to use techniques that might work with other languages, but
they aren't the right approach for XSLT.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: KrustyDerClown [mailto:KrustyDerClown(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de]
Sent: 02 August 2005 22:51
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Change variable value

Hi,

one generell question:

How can i change a variable ? xsl:variable and xsl:param are
static ... one
time declarated .. forever this value.

But i will change a value of a variable for example when i go
to a special
template ... and use this variable (with the new value) later
in another
template with xsl:if.

Is that possible anywise ?

Thank you for your answers.