xsl-list

RE: Standard Date/Time Publication Functions in XSL??

2005-08-02 15:33:55
EXSLT is a set of function specifications; there are different
implementations of the functions for different processors. Saxon 6.5.4
contains native implementations of many of the EXSLT functions within the
product: for a list, see
http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.4/extensions.html#EXSLT

It looks as if you're trying to use a Javascript implementation: these will
work only with XSLT processors such as MSXML that support Javascript
extensions.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruso, John [mailto:jbruso(_at_)SHERIDAN(_dot_)EDU]
Sent: 02 August 2005 22:18
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Standard Date/Time Publication Functions in XSL??

Hi James,

Thanks for the reference. I'm trying to implement the
extension, but I'm
afraid my XSL knowledge is at it's glass ceiling at the moment.

I'm working from this reference doc:
http://www.exslt.org/date/functions/month-in-year/index.html

So far, I've downloaded and installed the Date-Time Functions.

I want to insert a date-time into an existing XSL sheet called
InlineCustomization.xsl

At the top of the page, I've added:

<xsl:stylesheet
      xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0"
      xmlns:encoder="xalan://java.net.URLEncoder"
exclude-result-prefixes="encoder"
      xmlns:date="http://exslt.org/date";
      xmlns:func="http://exslt.org/functions";
      extension-element-prefixes="date func">
      <xsl:import
href="http://www-dev.sheridan.edu:8080/uPortal/media/edu/vt/po
rtal/layou
t/TabPageColumn/InlineCustomization/XSL/functions/month-in-yea
r/date.mon
th-in-year.xsl" />
      <xsl:import
href="http://www-dev.sheridan.edu:8080/uPortal/media/edu/vt/po
rtal/layou
t/TabPageColumn/InlineCustomization/XSL/functions/month-in-yea
r/date.mon
th-in-year.function.xsl" />

I'm getting this error when I try to do a local transform in Oxygen
using Saxon Transformer 6.5.4:

"Error: Unknown Saxon extension element script"

John Bruso
Web Developer
ph  307.674-6446-2608