xsl-list

Re: Handling Tree Fragments

2005-09-26 10:50:09
On 9/26/05, Gustave Stresen-Reuter <tedmasterweb(_at_)mac(_dot_)com> wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry, but I'm really a dunce... I had the
exslt extension working for some files but I've since lost them. Can
you give me an example (including how to set the namespace and such)?

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself as it's a bit rubbish really, the
whole RTF -> nodeset thing.  Even when you know you need to convert
your "result tree fragment" to a "nodeset" you're not sure why...

Anyway, to use the exslt node-set() extension function define the
exslt 'common' namespace:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                xmlns:exsl="http://exslt.org/common";
                extension-element-prefixes="exsl">

Then when you want to use a variable as a node set just use the
function.  I used to define a variable as 'name-RTF' and another as
'name' which has had the conversion done:

<xsl:variable name="var-RTF">
  <node>blah</node>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="var" select="exsl:node-set($var-RTF)"/>

This way you can use the variable $var in your code without the
conversion getting in the way.